Sunday, December 26

Merry Boxing-Christmas

Lil Bro made it home last night around 8pm.  He took that opportunity to sleep for 12 hours and then my family interrupted my sleep to open gifts.  I was pretty spoiled this year.

From my sis I got a card game and a board game.  Thanks sis for feeding my nerdy interests.

Lil Bro got me some warm gloves for running. 

Santa brought me some gorgeous luggage for my upcoming final placement where I will be spending 3 months in a developing country.  It was a very thoughtful gift.  And I'll be returning them.  Hi-C had already instructed me that I won't be embarrassing her with rolling suitcases in Africa*.  Let's just say I'm going to be getting a sweet backpack from MEC in exchange.

The only thing I really asked for (other than earplugs and razors) was a GPS watch.  Not wanting to be presumptuous I just said any GPS watch.  Mom and Pops hooked me up!  The Garmin Forerunner 405.  It is a thing of beauty.  Garmin's top-of-the-line GPS watch.  It is still a beast but you can't get around that yet.  I'll give more details in my next running update.

On top of all that spoiling I received some sunscreen for my travels, nail polish, running magazines, running socks, chocolate, earplugs, razors, and a few other things. 

My gifts seemed to be a hit.  My father (aka Santa) ended up with quite the haul of booze and my mom asked to be included in alcohol gifts this year (since they don't clutter up the house) so she has some fancy IceWine.  My parents are now easy to shop for.

*The continent has not been confirmed.  This is speculative.

No comments: