Monday, February 12

3 Cheers for literacy!

i'm sure i have posted previously on my love for books, but since it is a love then bear with me as I do so yet again. One of my favorite places in the world is Chapters. I always know when something has been altered, a new book or topic put out on display. I probably wander that store 3-5 times per week.

On top of wandering the store I now browse the website looking for new books that ineterest me. I have a $20 gift certificate from Christmas for Chapters however, it is impossible to choose just one book!!!

My wishlist currently consists of:
-The Hanging of Angelique: The Untold Story of Canadian Slavery and the Burning of Old Montreal by Afua Cooper
-Reflections of a Siamese Twin by John Ralston Saul
-A passage to India by Edward Forster
-The meaning of Everything by Simon Winchester
-The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
-Night by Elie Wiesel
-Paris 1919 by Margaret mcMillan
-Candide by Voltaire
-Shake Hands with the Devil by Romeo Dallaire
-Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
-Che Guevara by jon anderson (i should know this if i'll be going south!)
-The Anatomy colouring book
-Blood Diamonds by Greg Cambell
-RIghts Revolution (Massey Lecture Series) by Michael Ignatieff
-The End of Food by Thomas Pawlik
-Darfur Diaries by jen marlowe
-THe Lonely Planent: Bluelist

This week proves to be a busy one with 3 midterms, one group assignment, one spanish composition and who knows what else. Good thing spring break is almost here!

No comments: