Sunday, July 11

Firsts

First time at Niagara-on-the-Lake this Saturday. JPD and I hit up a lovely Southbrook Vinyards to celebrate the union of a fellow SLP to his new wife (congrats Mr & Mrs Sultry Scholarly Scowl). It was movie-perfect: outdoors under a tent surrounded by grapes, cool and unexpected soundtrack, poignant but not-too-long speeches with a hilarious slideshow, good food, happy couple. The bride was stunning and the groom handsome. Too bad I almost hit the old-fashioned bridal car in the parking lot as it was transporting the bride to the door! Luckily she has a good sense of humour!

I'm going to blame another first for being frazzled by that point in the drive. I took on the city of Toronto by Toyota Matrix along with the Gardiner/QEW/403 to the destination. I thought the fast-paced million-laned highway would be the frightening part but I would take that any day over city driving. Although we did park on the 403 for a while (over 3 hours from downtown for our trip!)...still, after dropping off the lovely JPD it took me 45 to drive home through the city. It takes me 45 minutes to walk to her house. Awesome. No props to the city of Toronto for keeping Bloor Street in a constant state of reparation. When will it end?????

No comments: