Friday, January 2

How do you measure a year in a life?

The song 525 600 minutes from the Rent soundtrack asks this question. I don't have an answer but I like the sentiment that a year can be measured and counted as memorable by more than days. I don't plan on doing much self-reflection, actually. Maybe this is a symptom of still not having a 'grown-up' life but I don't really find the crossing to 2009 a significant milestone for me. At all. There is really no significance. Dec 29th: I submitted the last of my grad school applications. THAT felt significant. This coming April, once I have a yay or niegh from all of the schools, THAT will be life-changing (hopefully in a positive way).

Basically I don't feel like reflecting now. A year can be any grouping of 365/6 consecutive days.

If I had two cats maybe I would name them Hepburn and Higgins. A friend's cat who is lovely and lithe and dainty inspired this. I thought Audrey and Higgins would be the perfect combination (Have you figured out the reference yet? "My Fair Lady"). Oh, except my Nana was Audrey so my mom might be a little offended if I used her name for my cat. This same friend chose to name her cats Satine and Christian from Moulin Rouge. If I ever have two they are definitely getting cheesy famous duo names.

No comments: