Thursday, June 25

Expected today: Studying for a test. Mark visiting for lunch (yay!). Breakfast.

Unexpected today: Michael Jackson died.

This may be our North American Lady Di, although I doubt I'll remember where I was when I found out though (for Diana I wandered upstairs early in the morning because I couldn't sleep and my parents were watching the news). He pretty much had to die young, I don't think anyone could really believe him as an old man. His tragic metamorphosis over the last two decades had to end somehow (sadly, it wasn't with his upcoming comeback tour).

His music is almost universal. I'd guess that most people have at least one memory connected to one of his songs. My strongest association is Free Willy (also rocking to this with B.Mitts to the haunting drums).

No comments: