Monday, September 29

Sometimes

I have come across studies dumbed-down in magazines like Time and Psychology Today a few times explaining to exasperated parents that their teens, while they look like adults, have brains wholly unique to adolescence and young adulthood. Teens make irresponsible or just bad choices where the correct or best choice should be so clear to an adult. The brain is supposedly finished forming into a fully-functional adult with great decision making skills (I'm sure they'll concede that this doesn't always result) by the age of 25. That means I should be responsible in 1 and 1/2 years. Gone is my neuro-psychological excuse for rebelliousness.

Most of that was to say, I seem to make mostly good, rational decisions and then sometimes I make really stupid decisions (even after knowing the consequences).
Good decisions: do my homework,
go to bed on time,
plan ahead for reference letters needed for grad school (by being a total keener...)
choose studying over TV and fun

Bad decisions: choose TV and fun over studying (this one is a process)
lending my housemate (of-age-but-doesn't-have-a-licence-housemate) my ID to hang out with the boy she likes knowing it could be taken away (oh, and it was)
brownies for breakfast (not today...but it happens)

I'm sure there are many more additions to my good choice/bad choice list, just from this week.

12 comments:

etechnocraft said...

You need to have time to take care of the active. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you.
Chatville
Youtube.com/Activate
Groovy Bot In Discord
Fast People Search
Sportsurge

Car Accessories said...

Thank you very much for sharing this very useful information
motivational quotes
love good morning
birthday wishes for gf
birthday wishes for friend
Happy valentine's day quotes

abhi said...

Glass Partitioning London | Glass Office Partitions in London

NIA said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. This is a
really smartly written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful info.
Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely return.

Groovy Bot
Fast People Search
hulu error code p-dev320
vulkan run time libraries
0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached
Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings

NIA said...

Excellent pieces. Keep wrriting such kind of information on your blog.
Im really impressed by it.
Hello there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it
and for my part recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be
benefited from this site.


Yggdrasil bot Discord
void(document.oncontextmenu=null);
how to appear offline on steam
rarbg
Reboot and choose proper boot device
Write for us Technology

NIA said...

Hi to all, it’s truly a pleasant for me to pay a quick visit this site, it contains priceless
Information.

Write for us Gambling
Write for Gambling

Toney Wix said...

Comfortabl y, the post is really the sweetest on that laudable topic. I fit in with your conclusions and also will thirstily look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks definitely will not simply just be sufficient, for the fantastic clarity in your writing. I will promptly grab your rss feed to stay privy of any kind of updates. Pleasant work and much success in your business efforts.

Car Accessories

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Piano relocation St Helens


Toney Wix said...

Whats up! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the great info you’ve right here on this post. I will likely be coming again to your weblog for more soon.


december global holidays
uwatch,
desiremovie com,
klwap,
good night quotes,
13377x proxy,
enthusan

imran khan said...

I recently discovered your blog and have found every piece I've read to be quite beneficial. My issue is that I receive a lot of traffic but very few comments!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and have found everything I've read to be quite useful.
SIRA approved cctv company in Dubai

KeenTeQ said...

Thank you for your informative post. Keep Going.
SIRA approved cctv company in Dubai