Thursday, August 21

The Next Member of the Coast Guard

I like to defend Canada. I can't help it, I like my country.

A friend posted a keen observation here that China has more silvers than we do medals. Total.



Here is my response. I did all these painful calculations so I thought it was only right to reuse my work.



"ok, but sometimes i like to break it down by population and do it as a proportion of medals to population. we have 13 medals to 30 million people. China? 85 medals to 1.3 billion. We have one medal per 2 307 692 people. They have one medal for every 15,294,117 people. Wow, we are so much more accomplished, PER CAPITA! You know what, i'm putting this on my blog. haha, i'm a dork; admittedly."

I even left in the juicy details.

4 comments:

Beth said...

i just posted a link to this on my blog. because i like your thoughts. as usual.

Katie V. said...

cool, thanks bethface! it is somewhat flawed logic but it is how i like to look at it. ps. snazzy new banner on your blog

Bus Rental Abu dhabi said...

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful blog with us. I have found numerous interesting things from your weblog. bus rental Dubai

Bus Rental Abu dhabi said...

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful blog with us. I have found numerous interesting things from your weblog. bus rental Dubai Bus rental Bus rental in dubai Dubai Sightseeing bus rental with Driver staff transportation bus rental abu dhabi airport transfer bus rental sharjah

I actually enjoy all the posts, especially the last one, on the topic.. bus rental Dubai bus rental Abu Dhabi bus rental Sharjah van rental Dubai Party bus rental mini bus rental Dubai Rent a bus Dubai Van rental dubai with driver